Land Owner FAQs

It’s very important to keep us informed of an address change. A correct address on file allows you to receive prompt payments and 1099 tax information. Please fill out the Change of Address form linked here and send to:

Tenmile Land, LLC
Attn: Accounts Payable
70 Professional Place
Bridgeport, WV 26330

Please allow 2-4 weeks for your request to be processed. Your account will be placed on hold until all required information has been received for processing.

You will need to supply Tenmile Land with ALL required documentation for the specific type of transfer.

Type of Transfer Required Documents
Deed or conveyance of property (I purchased property)
  • Copy of the recorded deed where the property is located. Also, full contact information including SS#/Tax ID
Deceased owner with a will (testate)
  • Copy of the probated and recorded will
  • Copy of the Death Certificate
  • Copy of the trust document (if applicable)
  • List of heirs’ along with their contact information
Deceased owner without a will (intestate)
  • Copy of Death Certificate
  • Recorded affidavit of Heirship
Other updates to ownership
  • Copy of Marriage Certificate or License
  • Copy of divorce decree
  • Copy of Power of Attorney or Attorney in Fact documents
  • Copy of current signed W-9

Please send all required documentation to:

Tenmile Land, LLC
Attn: Accounts Payable
70 Professional Place
Bridgeport, WV 26330
Or Fax 304.623.2559

If assistance is needed regarding any of the required documentation listed above, please contact an attorney prior to contacting Tenmile Land.

It is a unique number assigned to each interest owner. Your owner/payee number can be located on the upper righthand corner of your check stub. When you need assistance with the Land Owner Resource department, please have your owner/payee number.

Revenue checks are only issued when your account balance exceeds $25 and are usually processed and mailed out the last business day of each month.

For interest payments of $10 or more, 1099 forms are mailed no later than January 31st of each year. If you haven’t received a 1099 by February 15th and you feel you should have, send your request to [email protected] and include your complete contact information and your owner/payee number.

Send your request to [email protected]. Please include with your request your complete contact information including owner/payee number.

Unfortunately, Tenmile Land doesn’t offer direct deposit as an option. It’s something we’re working on for the near future. Stay tuned.

Yes, please send your request to [email protected]. Please include your complete contact information, owner number, and the approximate date your check should have been received.

The county assessor’s office normally doesn’t transfer ownership for property tax tickets until the following year. The date of the sale determines when the tax ticket is transferred to the new owner. If you believe you have received a property tax ticket by mistake, please call 304.623.LAND and one of our staff members will be happy to assist you.

Tenmile Land is available to help serve our landowners Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. Please contact us by phone at 304.623.LAND or via email at [email protected]. One of our staff members will be happy to assist you. When you call or email, please provide your contact information, owner/payee number (if applicable), and the nature of your question. We’ll respond to your inquiry within two business days.

If you are interested in selling your minerals, you can fill out the Contact Us form on this website or you can reach out to Dan Fischer, Land Manager directly at 304.623.LAND.